What Is Occupational Therapy And What Does It Involve?
Occupational therapy is a form of healthcare that helps people of all ages participate in everyday life activities. It involves the assessment, treatment, and prevention of disability through the use of therapeutic interventions. If you are looking for occupational therapy Perth, you have come to the right article!
What should I know about this?
This therapy helps individuals develop, recover, and maintain their occupational performance skills. This includes self-care (e.g., dressing or bathing), leisure activities, work activities, educational tasks, and social participation. Therapists use a range of interventions to help clients improve their occupational performance skills. These may include:
– Exercise programs designed to promote physical health
– Adaptive equipment that makes daily living activities easier
– Cognitive rehabilitation to improve memory and problem solving
– Education about occupational safety techniques
– Training in how to manage stress
– Sensory integration techniques used to decipher sensory information
– Counseling for emotional support
We hope this information has been useful to you.